Okay, it’s not really day 348, but it sure feels like it. I’m starting to get into a pattern/groove. My dogs are still loving life. I’ve learned a few new things.
- My extroverted friends are struggling. To them, I send virtual hugs. I understand the virtual thing and phone calls don’t fill your bucket.
- Routine is key.
- Hygiene is still optional.
- Rolling out of bed and slapping on a hat to have a meeting is GOLD.
- Former students are reaching out. I have heard from a few former students over the past week. They just send a quick note to say, “Hi.” These students have been seriously at-risk kiddos. They are struggling. They need connections. We need to be there for them.
- My butt is sore from sitting on a 1940’s dining room chair. They seriously lacked cushioning back then.
- Getting outside for a walk is GOOD! Not only do my dogs love it, but it helps to make things feel ‘normal’.
- As I’ve suspected, my dogs sleep all day.
- The teachers in my district have been amazing. They have tried to do their best to step up and dive into this new way of teaching/interacting.
While things are not ideal, we will get through this. Stay home as much as possible. Social distance when you do go out. Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay connected.