In the beginning of the 2013-14 school year, a new 5th grade teacher was brought in. I’ll admit I was excited yet skeptical. I’ve worked with lots of teachers at my grade level and generally have gotten along with them, but never truly ‘clicked’ with another teacher. Until Mrs. Pursley came along.
And here is why I love (working with) her – in no particular order:
- I can talk her into doing almost anything in a classroom, no matter how crazy it is. Within 2 months she was doing Genius Hour with me.
- We both have a student-centered classroom.
- I get random texts from her saying things like, “You complete me <3”
- When asked if we do A.R. (Accelerated Reader) we both respond no (in a disgusted tone) and she adds ‘Cuz AR sucks’.
- She calls me a Dork, when I’m being one.
- I get to call her a Dork when she’s being one.
- She will text me at random moments just to say something smarmy.
- We share random 80’s aerobics videos back and forth – and we both secretly love them!
- We generally have the same mentality (age) – that of a 12 year old.
- We constantly laugh, mainly cuz of the mentality issue.
Seriously though, she’s awesome and just felt like sharing her awesomeness with the world.
Oh, and she’s one hell of a great teacher!