Recently I wrote about how PD is run in my district. That got me thinking about how can we change that? What do other successful businesses do? What are other districts doing?
I began to wonder what PD would look like if we used Google’s 20% time model? What amazing lessons, innovations, and/or projects would teachers come up with? What exciting experiences would the students be getting? More importantly, how can we begin implementing this?
What it might look like
- Research our passions
- Set timelines for projects/lessons/etc.
- Have a way to showcase our findings
- Inspire others
- Enjoy true collaboration with others who share similar interests
- Happy, respected teachers
- A district that can document their successes
- An innovative district
The possibilities are truly endless.