So after attending Google Teacher Academy, I now have so much to share. I will start with some basic search features.
Information from Tasha Bergson-Michaelson.
- Use only key words — don’t use complete sentences.
- For those students who need help finding the key words:
- Have students draw picture of what want to search.
- Only type words that were drawn — this helps students find key words.
- example: search ‘What dogs come from China?’
- student draws a dog or dogs and China. Only type those 2 words.
- Older students may want to think about how they text friends or what words they would hashtag
- Searches need to go beyond words.
- Search images or video.